While online methods offer convenience, changing your name on your Aadhar Card offline is a viable option, especially for those who prefer in-person interactions. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to update your name offline:
Step 1: Visit a Nearby Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Locate the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra or registered update center. You can find more details on these facilitation centers on the official UIDAI website.
Step 2: Obtain Aadhar Card Correction Form
- Obtain the Aadhar card correction form either directly at the center or download it here.
Step 3: Fill the Aadhar Card Correction Form
- Ensure accurate and updated information is filled in the form. Only provide information that is correct and matches the details on your Aadhar Card.
If you’re looking to change your name in Aadhar Card online, follow our step-by-step guide, How to Change Name in Aadhar Card Online.
Step 4: Attach Supporting Documents
- Attach self-attested copies of proof validating your update request along with the filled Aadhar correction form. The list of required documents includes proofs of identity, address, and date of birth.
Step 5: Pay the Update Fee
- Pay the necessary fee for the update or correction. The fee structure is Rs.100 for updates involving biometrics and Rs.50 for updates related to demographic details only.
Step 6: Submit the Form and Documents
- Submit the filled Aadhar correction form and the supporting documents at the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Ensure that you submit all the necessary documents for a smooth process.
Updating Biometrics and Demographic Details
- Unlike online changes that primarily focus on demographic details, visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra allows you to update both biometric and demographic details, including your photograph, mobile number, and email id.
Update Aadhar Card Through Banks
- Some banks, such as Axis Bank, provide Aadhar card update services. You can inquire at your nearest branch for details on updating your Aadhar Card through the bank.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1. What if I don’t have proof of address?
- A1. You can still update your address by using your Aadhar card as proof of address. No additional proof is required.
Q2. Is there a specific format for updating details?
- A2. While updating offline, ensure that the information is filled in capital letters. Follow the guidelines provided on the Aadhar correction form.
Q3. Can I update my mobile number offline?
- A3. Yes, visiting an Aadhaar Seva Kendra allows you to update both your biometrics and demographic details, including your mobile number.
Q4. Can minors have their details updated offline?
- A4. Yes, parents can mention their Aadhaar details for the child. Any changes made to the parents’ Aadhar Cards should also be updated in the child’s Aadhar.
Changing your name on your Aadhar Card offline is a straightforward process. By following these steps and ensuring you have the necessary documents, you can update your details with ease. Whether you prefer online or offline methods, keeping your Aadhar information current is essential for various official purposes.