Updated effective from 1st July, 2021
ezyLegal is an internet portal that facilitates online delivery of legal consultation, documentation, and registration service by a legal professional to potential users. ezyLegal is in no way, directly, or indirectly responsible for the legal assistance provided by the external lawyers, legal experts, agents, consultants etc. We are a technology platform enabling service providers to provide online legal services to clients through our platform. ezyLegal has no control over the services provided by the legal experts, agents, or consultants registered on it’s platform.
- ezyLegal is not an agent of lawyers, agents, consultants and not a law firm and therefore it does not offer the services performed by a lawyer, agents, consultants etc. ezyLegal will not be responsible in cases of any issue/discrepancy with the services provided by the independent lawyer, agent, consultant. ezyLegal shall not be liable for any damage or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of such online services.
- ezyLegal strives to keep the information published on the Site accurate, current and up-to-date. However, because the law changes quickly, ezyLegal does not guarantee that all of the information published on the Site or Applications is correct, complete or up to date. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice. Therefore, nothing on our website or material sent to you in our communication is to be construed as legal advice.
- ezyLegal does not involve itself in the consultation or discussions during the execution of services including consultation, drafting of agreements, registration of documents etc. between the lawyers/consultants/agents and the Users. Therefore, ezyLegal cannot ensure the correctness or the completeness of the advise, agreement or the integrity of either party.
- ezyLegal offers limited services through its Site; so if the User’s particular problem is too complicated to be addressed by our standard limited use service offerings, the User should consult a licensed lawyer.
- This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and the User’s use of ezyLegal does not and will not create any attorney-client relationship between the User and ezyLegal. Communication exchanged between the User and the legal expert through the ezyLegal Site will therefore not be protected as privileged communications under the attorney-client privilege.
INTERACTION WITH LEGAL EXPERTS
Legal Experts registered on ezyLegal’s websites are neither employees nor agents of ezyLegal. Legal Experts are professionals who are independent practitioners and have agreed to provide online answers, limited consultations, and legal documentation services to users of the ezyLegal Site. Also, ezyLegal is not a marketing agent of professional legal experts. It only facilitates the communication between legal experts and users. Online service taken by the User or any electronic communication exchanged with the User will not create a lawyer-client relationship between the user and ezyLegal.
In all cases, ezyLegal will not influence or interfere in any way with any lawyer’s independent professional judgment. External legal experts reserve the right to refuse to offer legal services to the User at their discretion. The user understands that the documentation requested by the User shall be executed by the legal experts/lawyers based on the discussion between the lawyer and the User. ezyLegal has no authority and does not guarantee the correctness of the contents of the final/drafted document.
ezyLegal shall have no responsibility or liability of any kind for any professional services provided by any external lawyer through the ezyLegal Site, and any use or reliance on such professional services is completely and solely at the User’s own risk.
The User understands that the Registration of documents solely depends on the Registrar/Authority as per applicable laws and the information provided by the User. Further, the Registrar/Authority may raise objections/requests for submission of additional information/documents, which shall be provided by the User at his/her own costs. Since it is a statutory procedure, we cannot anticipate the results or outcome of the User’s particular procedure. For instance, the Registrar/Authority may object to registration for legal reasons; or a backlog in Registration may lead to a delay in the process.
The scope of services of ezyLegal shall be limited to the facilitation of Registration by assigning a lawyer/consultant/agent, who shall assist the User in the registration process.
All rights, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by ezyLegal or by our respective third party authors, developers or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise explicitly provided by ezyLegal, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Application shall be construed to confer any license under any of ezyLegal’s intellectual property rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by ezyLegal.
ezyLegal may at times provide a preview to the user of a legal form/document or any other product before purchasing by the User. The legal form/document and any other information available to the User on the website is not to be construed as legal advice/opinion, and the User shall be required to take an independent legal opinion before using any such form/ document or information. The information, content, organization, and structure of any such previews are all copyrighted, proprietary material owned by ezyLegal. Any violation of our copyright on such previews by Users is strictly prohibited.
LIMITED PERMISSION TO DOWNLOAD
ezyLegal hereby grants the User permission to download, view, copy and print the Materials on any single, stand-alone computer solely for the User’s personal, information or for any non-commercial use, provided
- The copyright and trademark notices appearing on any Materials shall not be altered or removed,
- The Materials are not used on any other website or in a networked computer environment and
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than ezyLegal (each a “Third Party Site”). ezyLegal may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. ezyLegal is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. ezyLegal makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. ezyLegal is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. ezyLegal is providing these links to the User only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ezyLegal of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that ezyLegal sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. The User acknowledges that the User bears all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agrees that ezyLegal is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort, the User may incur from dealing with a third party website. The User should write to email@example.com if the User has any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
LIMITATION ON USE
ezyLegal grants the User a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms and legal document templates (the “Documents”) for the User’s own personal, internal business use, or if the User is an attorney or professional, for the User’s client. Except as otherwise provided, the User acknowledges and agrees that the User has no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in using the Documents for the User’s authorized use. The User shall not remove any copyright notice from any Document. Further, the User is required to verify the authenticity and contents of the documents before using the same for the above-mentioned purposes.
RESALE OF DOCUMENTS PROHIBITED
By purchasing or downloading forms and legal documents from ezyLegal, the User agrees that the Documents may only be used by the User for the User’s personal or business use or used by the User in connection with the User’s client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of ezyLegal.
DISCLAIMER OF CONTENT SUPPLIED BY USERS IN THE FORM OF REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS AND OTHER CONTENT
At various locations on the Site or through Applications, ezyLegal may permit Users to post ratings, reviews, comments, questions, answers, and other content (the “User Content”). ezyLegal disclaims all responsibility for this content. ezyLegal has the right (but not the obligation), in our sole and absolute discretion, to edit, redact, remove, re-categorize to a more appropriate location or otherwise change any User Content.
ezyLegal also reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all such User Content posted, published or uploaded on the ezyLegal site according to its internal record retention and/or destruction policies. If any offending material is brought to the notice of ezyLegal, it will be deleted as soon as is possible. Whether such material is indeed offending will finally be left to the discretion of ezyLegal. Also, ezyLegal may initiate legal proceedings or inform the appropriate/statutory authorities if a User publishes inappropriate content in violation of the law of the land.
By creating an Account with ezyLegal the User agrees that ezyLegal may send the User informational, transactional or promotional messages via SMS, WhatsApp, e-mail or any other digital messaging medium as part of the normal business operation of ezyLegal and transaction between the User and ezyLegal. The User may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from ezyLegal at any time by indicating that the User no longer wishes to receive such messages and notifications. The User acknowledges that opting out of receiving messages or e-mail notification may impact the User’s use of the Services.
The user agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold ezyLegal harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred in connection with any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, and expenses arising from or in connection with the contents or use of our services. The user agrees that this defense and indemnity shall also apply to any breach by the user of the agreement or the foregoing representations, warranties, and covenants. The user further agrees that this defense and indemnity shall include without limitation of lawyer’s fees and fees of third parties relating to or arising under this Agreement. The user also agrees that this defense and indemnity shall apply to ezyLegal, its founders, officers, and employees.
The site, applications, and all materials, documents or forms provided on or through the User’s use of the Site or Applications are provided on an “As Is” and “As Available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ezyLegal expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
ezyLegal makes no warranty that:
(a) the Site, Applications, or the Materials will meet the User’s requirements;
(b) the Site, Applications, or the Materials will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis;
(c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Site, Applications, or any Materials offered through the Site or Applications, will be accurate or reliable; or
(d) the quality of any products, services, information or other Materials purchased or obtained by the User through the Site, Applications, or in reliance on the Materials will meet the User’s expectations.
Obtaining any Materials through the use of the Site or Applications is done at the User’s own discretion and at the User’s own risk. ezyLegal makes no warranty regarding any products or services purchased or information obtained through the Site or any transactions entered into through the service.
When accessing the Site or any Applications, or using ezyLegal’s Services, the User agrees not to upload, display, perform, transmit or otherwise exchange any content that:
- is scandalous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or threatening;
- advocates or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or foreign law or regulation.
- The User, as a Buyer or Purchaser of any Service from ezyLegal, understands that upon initiating a payment transaction, the User is entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with ezyLegal to purchase the products/services using any electronic payment method, cheque/demand draft/pay order or cash on delivery or through any facility as may be authorized by the Reserve Bank of India for payment, collection, refund, and remittance.
- The User warrants that in case the User is making the payment by any electronic payment method, the bank/debit/credit card information the User provides is correct and complete; and that the payment made by the User will be honoured by the User’s bank/debit/credit card company
- Payment details will be entered by the User directly at the Third Party Payment service provider’s webpage and ezyLegal does not have any access whatsoever to the User’s payment details.
- ezyLegal reserves the right to refuse to accept payments made by any User. In such cases where the payment has already been made, ezyLegal will refund the money to the customer within 7 working days of cancelling the Order.
- All Valid Credit/Debit/Mobile Wallet and any other electronic payment instruments are processed using a Third Party Payment system provider. Your use of these Third Party Payment service providers will be governed by the terms and conditions agreed between You and your respective Payment Issuing Bank and the Third Party Payment system provider. You understand that ezyLegal is not responsible or liable for the behaviour, features, or content of your Bank or any Third Party Payment service provider.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
ezyLegal strives to ensure that the services you avail through the Site and Applications are to your full satisfaction and are available to you at extremely reasonable and affordable prices. However, there may arise situations when you desire to Cancel or avail a Refund.
When User pays for the services but later decides that he/she does not wish to avail the Service, the User may opt to Cancel his/her Order within 4 hours of making the payment for purchasing the service or before taking the service, whichever is earlier.
If the service has already started, then the Order cannot be Cancelled. In such cases, Refund Policy will apply. User can apply for a Refund under any of the following conditions:
- If the Refund falls under a Money Back Guarantee scheme which is duly published on the Site and/or communicated to the User in writing through any electronic medium, and the User satisfies all the terms and conditions of the Money Back Guarantee scheme
- OR, when there is a delay in the services offered from ezyLegal, beyond the time frame intimated to the User, only for factors for which ezyLegal is solely responsible.
In any or all of the above situations, kindly send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the Order Id and the reason for claiming Refund. Upon receiving your e-mail, the Senior Management at ezyLegal shall decide on whether User’s request for a Refund should be processed, contingent on the reasons for such a request. Please note that ezyLegal reserves the right to take the final and binding decision with regard to requests for Refund. In case the Refund is approved by ezyLegal, then only the professional fees paid for the services shall be refunded. Any Government fees or Taxes paid shall not be refunded. The maximum refund amount claimable from ezyLegal cannot exceed the amount paid by the User to ezyLegal for availing the services.
The Refund amount will be credited to the User’s account within a maximum of 15 working days from the Refund Approval date.
FOR USE IN INDIA ONLY
Unless otherwise specified, the material provided by ezyLegal, is presented solely for the purpose of use in India only. ezyLegal makes no representation that the materials provided by the Site, Applications or through any of its channels, are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India. Those who choose to access ezyLegal from other locations/Countries other than India, do so at their own initiative and ezyLegal is not responsible for compliance with local laws (outside India), if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
TERMINATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUATION OF SERVICE
ezyLegal reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site, Application and its services with or without notice to the User. The user agrees that ezyLegal shall not be liable to the User or any Third Party for any modification or discontinuance of the service. The user acknowledges and agrees that any termination of service for any reason may be affected without prior notice and acknowledges and agrees that ezyLegal may immediately delete data and files in the user’s account and restrict any further access by the User to such files or the Service.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND JURISDICTION
In case of any disagreement or dispute between the User and ezyLegal, the dispute will be resolved in the manner as outlined hereunder.
The User and ezyLegal shall make every effort to resolve amicably by direct informal negotiations any disagreement or dispute between them on any matter connected with this Agreement or in regard to the interpretation thereof. If, after thirty (30) days from the commencement of informal negotiations, the User and ezyLegal have not been able to resolve the dispute amicably, such differences and disputes shall be referred to Arbitration by a Sole Arbitrator, mutually appointed by the Parties, whose award shall be final and binding on the parties. Such arbitration will be conducted in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (as amended upto date). The Arbitration shall take place at New Delhi and shall be conducted in the English language.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India applicable to the state of NCT of Delhi and the Court at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute under this Agreement, subject to arbitration procedure mentioned above.
RIGHT TO REFUSE
The User acknowledges that ezyLegal reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel User access at any time.
User agrees that no warranty or guarantee has been made by ezyLegal for any result or solution related to any legal consultation, documentation, registration, and any other service provided by ezyLegal. For purpose of delivering services through the ezyLegal Site, it may involve electronic communication of User’s personal information to external Lawyers, consultants, and agents. User consents to allow ezyLegal to share the required personal information to the external Lawyers & Legal Experts, Consultants, Agents for the purpose of online Consultation and any other online service delivery.