In India, anybody may create a partnership by a written or verbal agreement. Under the terms of this agreement, two or more parties agree to split the earnings of a firm that is operated by all partners or any of them. Partnership firms are required to present a partnership deed as evidence of existence for Income Tax purposes. This article discusses the procedure for GST registration for a partnership firm.
Companies, firms, and individuals that purchase or sell products or provide services are required to register under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) in order to get the input tax credit.
Online GST registration for partnership firms is available on the Goods and Services Tax Website (www.gst.gov.in), where a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is generated for the application.
How do you Request a GST registration for a Partnership firm?
- Get access to the GST Online Portal for GST registration for partnership firm.
- Complete Form Part A (PAN, Mobile No., and E-mail)
- The Portal confirms your information by OTP and E-mail.
- Upload the necessary files for GST registration for the partnership firm
- Access and complete Part B by entering the received number.
- The Reference Number will be provided for the application.
- The GST Officer begins document verification.
- Within 7 working days, the GST Officer either rejects or approves your application.
- If an explanation is requested, you must submit the necessary documentation.
- After all explanations, you are assigned a GSTN number.
This is how you request GST registration for a partnership firm.
Documents necessary for GST Registration for partnership firm
- Images of each partner
- Pan Card of all partners
- Aadhar card for Every Partner
- Card with the Partnership Firm’s Identification Number
- Business Constitutional Documentation (Partnership deed)
- Proof of Principle location of the business (Anyone – Electric Bill/Rent or Lease Agreement/Latest Bank Statement – Not older than two months)
- An authorization Letter in Favor of Any Partner is required for GST registration for the partnership firm.
- After the application has been submitted, an Application Reference Number (ARN) will be issued for tracking the application’s progress.
- After the Tax Officer approves the application, the Certificate of Registration is created electronically.
The above documents are required for GST registration for a partnership firm.
Step-by-step processes of GST Registration for partnership firm
These are the straightforward procedures for GST registration for partnership firm:
STEP 1: For GST registration for a partnership firm, first, go to the GST gateway at (https://www.gst.gov.in/).
STEP 2: Then, under the ‘Taxpayers’ page, choose the ‘Register Now option.
STEP 3: Select “New Registration” now.
STEP 4: Complete the remaining information for GST registration for the partnership firm:
- Select “Taxpayer” from the “Who am I?” drop-down option.
- Choose the appropriate state and district.
- Then, input the business’s name.
- Then input the business’s PAN.
- Next, put the e-mail address and cell phone number in their appropriate fields. The supplied e-mail address and cell phone number must be active in order to get OTPs.
- Enter the shown picture and click the “Proceed” button.
STEP 5: On the next screen, input the OTP that was issued to the e-mail address and cell phone number for GST registration for the partnership firm.
STEP 6: Once the information has been entered, click “Continue”
STEP 7: The Temporary Reference Number (TRN) will be shown on the screen. Keep track of the TRN.
STEP 8: Then, return to the GST site and select “Register” under the “Taxpayers” tab.
STEP 9: Select ‘Temporary Reference Number (TRN)’ in the ninth step.
STEP 10: Then, input the TRN and the captcha information for GST registration for the partnership firm.
STEP 11: Click the “Proceed” button.
STEP 12: After continuing, an OTP will be sent to your registered e-mail address and phone number. Enter the OTP on the subsequent screen and click “Continue.”
STEP 13: The status of your application will be shown on the next page. Click the Edit icon located on the right side of the page.
STEP 14: The next page will include 10 subsections. All pertinent information must be filled out, and all required documentation must be presented for GST registration for the partnership firm. The following is a list of documents that must be uploaded for GST registration for a partnership firm are:
- Business address evidence
- Details of the authorized signatory and Partners
- Account number, bank name, bank branch, and IFSC code are examples of bank information.
- Form of authorization
- The taxpayer partnership’s governing documents
STEP 15: After reviewing the declaration on the ‘Verification’ page, submit the application using one of the following methods:
- With a Digital Authentication Code (EVC). The code will be e-mailed to the cell phone number on file.
- By an e-Sign technique. A one-time password will be given to the cell phone number associated with the Aadhaar card.
- When registering a company, the application must be filed using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
STEP 16: Upon completion, the screen will display a success message. The Application Reference Number (ARN) will be given to the cell phone number and e-mail address provided during GST registration for the partnership firm.
FINAL STEP: Finally, on the GST site, you may verify the status of the ARN. If all papers are reviewed and determined to be in order, you will get a GST registration number within seven days, and GST registration for the partnership firm is done.
After following the aforementioned steps, GST registration for a partnership firm can be done easily.
Partnership companies are required to present a partnership agreement as evidence of existence for Income Tax purposes.GST registration for a partnership firm is required whose annual revenue exceeds 40 lakhs. There are, however, partnership firms for whom registration is required even if their annual revenue does not exceed a certain threshold.
To get GST registration for a partnership firm, one must consult a lawyer online. An expert lawyer online, apart from saving time, makes your task easier.